What’s happening at the Department of Public Works?
Kent County encourages residents to safely dispose of unused hazardous materials during National Poison Prevention Week
SafeHomes programs offer safe solutions for disposing of hazardous materials for Kent County residents Grand Rapids, Mich. – National Poison Prevention Week is March 17-23 and Kent County’s Department of Public Works (DPW) and (the Kent County) Health Department...
The Kent County Department of Public Works and The Right Place begin strategic partnership for Sustainable Business Park
GRAND RAPIDS, MICH (3/7/19): The Kent County Department of Public Works (DPW) and The Right Place, Inc. have announced a multi-year strategic partnership for the planning and development of the Kent County Sustainable Business Park. Under the terms of the three-year...
The Kent County Department of Public Works (DPW) announced enhancements to department educational programs with the hire of Katelyn Nettler as a new resource recovery specialist. Lauren Westerman, also a resource recovery specialist, recently earned her environmental...
Due to the predicted extreme weather conditions, all Kent County offices and courts (Probate, 17th Circuit Court and 63rd District Court) will be closed on Wednesday, Jan. 30 and Thursday, Jan. 31. Certain functions will remain open for critical operations such as the...
“Kondo’ing” Your Life? Here’s How to Donate or Recycle Your Old Stuff If you’ve been watching the Netflix series “Tidying Up with Marie Kondo” you’ve probably felt inspired to clean out your closets, determine which items “spark joy” and dispose of everything else....
Department Press Releases
Sustainable Business Park News
- Partners envision park plan (Grand Rapids Business Journal)
- Partnership hopes to convert portion of landfill into sustainable business park (WGVU)
- Kent County, Michigan, moves forward with sustainable business park plan (Waste Today)
- Kent County enlists The Right Place to help develop Sustainable Business Park (MLive)
- Kent County, The Right Place partner on sustainable business park (MiBiz)
- Creating an Industrial Ecosystem (MSW Management)
- Kent County DPW discusses details of the Sustainable Business Park Master Plan (WKTV In Focus)
- Kent DPW approves $500M trash reuse project (Grand Rapids Business Journal)
- County board should be encouraged to find agreement on committing to sustainable business park instead of landfills (Grand Rapids Business Journal Editorial)
- Kent trash reuse project worth $500M (Grand Rapids Business Journal)
- 23 respond to Kent County's call for 'sustainable' garbage proposals (MLive)
- Firms probe Kent County on request for garbage-fueled innovations (MLive)
- Kent County releases RFI for Sustainable Business Park (MiBiz)
- Turning trash into money is going to take a community effort (Rapid Growth Media)
- County eyes 90 percent waste reduction (Grand Rapids Business Journal)
- West Michigan’s construction industry grapples with diverting waste from landfills (MiBiz)
- KCDPW: Sustainable Business Park at Byron Center Landfill Could Be 'Long Term Solution' (WGVU)
- Sustainable Business Park Planned in Shadow of Kent County Landfill (Reclamation Administration)
- Kent County Public Works Staff to Meet with Community About Plan to Reduce Waste (Michigan Radio)
- Sustainable Business Park Planned in Shadow of Kent County Landfill (MLive)
- GBB to Develop Master Plan for Kent County, Mich’s Resource Park