Accepted at Kent County Recycling & Education Center
CLEAN & EMPTY
- Junk mail and envelopes
- Paper bags
- Magazines or newspapers
- Paperboard cereal and cracker boxes
- Phone books or soft cover books
- Paper egg cartons
- Towel/toilet paper tubes
- Flattened cardboard
- Hot and cold paper cups
- Clean pizza boxes (no food or grease residue)
HOW TO RECYCLE:
- Remove any plastic strapping, bags, packaging, or foam from the paper container. Plastic windows on envelopes are okay but not preferred. Be sure to double check for food, like pizza crusts, and tear off any greasy parts of paperboard/cardboard container. Minimal tape & staples are okay.
- Flatten paperboard or cardboard containers. Be sure the cardboard is no larger than 2 foot by 2 foot–if it is please make it smaller.
- Toss in the recycling bin
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- TANGLERS–long rolls or sections of paper (butcher paper), gift wrap/wrapping paper, box strapping
- Laminated paper (photos/photographs/photography paper), stickers/sticker paper, tissue paper, paper that is dirty or greasy including napkins or paper plates, hard cover books, hard cover or spiral bound notebooks, 3-ring binders (three ring binders), thermal receipt paper, shredded paper (even if bagged)
PAPER & CARDBOARD FACTS:
- Each ton of paper made from recycled fibers instead of virgin fibers conserves 7,000 gallons of water, 17-31 trees, 4,000 KWh of electricity, 60 pounds of air pollutants.
- In 2019, Kent County recycled enough paper to equal 288,000 trees!
North Kent Recycling & Waste Center2908 10 Mile Rd NE
Rockford, MI 49341
Accepts the following items for recycling: residential recycling, appliances, electronics, tires, cardboard, Christmas lights, and propane tanks. Accepts general refuse for disposal. Some items may have fees associated with them.
South Kent Recycling & Waste Center10300 South Kent Drive SW
Byron Center, MI 49315
Accepts the following items for recycling: appliances, electronics, tires, cardboard, Christmas lights, and propane tanks. Accepts general refuse for disposal. Some items may have fees associated with them.