Accepted at Kent County Recycling & Education Center
CLEAN & EMPTY
- Metal food cans or tins
- Empty aerosol/spray cans
- Clean, metal license plates
- Aluminum foil
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum pans or trays
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- TANGLERS–hangers, chains, cables, cords, wires
- HAZARDOUS–full metal spray aerosol/spray cans, propane or helium tanks, fire extinguishers, batteries, and anything that held hazardous liquids, powers, or gases as well medical sharps or needles
- Scrap metal, such as pots and pans, lawnmower blades, automotive parts, furniture, building materials including siding and window/door frames, dirty metal
HOW TO RECYCLE:
- Separate any non-metal lid or cap from metal container
- If the lids are plastic and as large or larger than a milk jug cap, you can place the lid in the recycling bin as well. If not, discard in the trash.
- Clean and rinse food from inside the can or foil. Empty contents from aerosol can. Labels are okay.
- Toss metal containers in the recycling bin
North Kent Recycling & Waste Center2908 10 Mile Rd NE
Rockford, MI 49341
Accepts the following items for recycling: residential recycling, appliances, electronics, tires, cardboard, Christmas lights, and propane tanks. Accepts general refuse for disposal. Some items may have fees associated with them.