Accepted at Kent County Recycling & Education Center
CLEAN & EMPTY
- Creamer cartons
- Juice boxes
- Soy milk or almond milk cartons
- Milk cartons
- Wine boxes
- Boxed water
- Juice cartons
- Soup and broth boxes
- Tetra Pak cartons
HOW TO RECYCLE:
- Rinse/clean out cartons
- Put the cap back on the container
- Toss in the recycling bin
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- HAZARDOUS– anything that held hazardous liquids, powers, or gases
- UNACCEPTABLE FOR OUR FACILITY–foam egg cartons or containers, and dirty or unrinsed cartons
- In 2019, Kent County recycled 7 million school milk cartons!
- Cartons can be recycled into a variety of products including paper towel, office paper, ceiling tile, wallboard, and more.
- Each ton of paper made from recycled fibers instead of virgin fibers conserves 7,000 gallons of water, 17-31 trees, 4,000 KWh of electricity, 60 pounds of air pollutants.
- For more information on cartons, visit the Carton Council.
Kent County Recycling & Education Center977 Wealthy SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Accepts residential recycling and consumer electronics. Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) monitors & TVs are not accepted at this location.
North Kent Recycling & Waste Center2908 10 Mile Rd NE
Rockford, MI 49341
Accepts the following items for recycling: residential recycling, appliances, electronics, tires, cardboard, Christmas lights, and propane tanks. Accepts general refuse for disposal. Some items may have fees associated with them.
South Kent Recycling & Waste Center10300 South Kent Drive SW
Byron Center, MI 49315
Accepts the following items for recycling: appliances, electronics, tires, cardboard, Christmas lights, and propane tanks. Accepts general refuse for disposal. Some items may have fees associated with them.