Michigan Green Schools
An opportunity to recognize a school’s efforts and bring more awareness to students.
Saving energy and recycling have become a way of life for schools, businesses, and homes. Michigan Green Schools is an opportunity to recognize your efforts and bring more awareness to students. In order to earn a Green Schools award, your school must participate in at least 10 of the 20 activities listed on the application. These include activities as easy as recycling paper, learning about alternative energy, or adopting an endangered species.
To participate, just review the directions, sign up, and then send us your application checklist by March 1, 2018 after you finish the activities.
- Green School: 10 total activities with at least 2 activities from each of the 4 categories
- Emerald School: 15 total activities with at least 2 activities from each of the 4 categories
- Evergreen School: 20 total activities with at least 2 activities from each of the 4 categories
For activity ideas, visit http://www.michigangreenschools.us/green-activities.html.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2018. Do NOT submit application until January 2018 at the earliest.
- Under Category 1: Recycling, A: Recycling Program for at least 2 of the following: Please check every box for which your school has a recycling program. However, no matter how many boxes are checked, letter A is only worth 1 point. It is not 1 point for every 2 boxes checked.
- If you use a lesson/field trip/special speaker/activity for one Category and Letter, you MAY NOT use the same one for another Category and Letter, even if the activity applies to more than one check box.
You can also find the application at http://www.michigangreenschools.us/application-form.html.
Kent County Coordinator: