Kent County Department of Public Works offers a bus grant to local schools that might not otherwise be able to visit.
Busing grants are available from Kent County Department of Public Works (KCDPW) when transportation costs are a prohibiting factor in a group’s ability to participate in an educational tour.
- Fall Semester: October 1, 2019
- Spring Semester: January 31, 2020
In order to qualify for the grant, schools must meet the following criteria:
- Schools must be located within Kent County
- Schools must not have another source of bus funds or bus transportation
- Schools must demonstrate a curriculum connection
Grants will then be awarded with preference to schools that fit any of the following criteria:
- School groups that are middle or high school grade levels
- Schools with 50+ students (at least a full bus load)
- Schools requesting tours involving all three sites
- Schools that have not received the grant in the previous 2 years
- Schools that have never visited Kent County facilities
Approval of funding will be dependent on size of tour group, availability of funds, and eligibility. KCDPW reserves the right to decline any transportation grant request without explanation.